Climate love
Image of Ericsson

Ericsson

Climate love

Its new climate targets has been approved by the Science Based Target initiative

Having met and surpassed its first science-based 1.5°C-aligned emission reduction targets, Ericsson has decided on new climate action targets, that have been now approved by the Science Based Targets initiative.
Ericsson has now committed to reduce absolute scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions by 90% (from 2020 levels) by the end of 2040, and will neutralize the remaining 10% with approved carbon removal.
This is a company that is walking the talk, and it is great to see!

Picture by Ericsson
Picture by Ericsson


Read more:
https://www.ericsson.com/en/press-releases/2024/1/ericssons-second-round-of-climate-targets-toward-net-zero-approved-by-science-based-target-initiative



Do you agree?

59 more agrees trigger scaled up advertising

  • Darinka Daster

    1 w

    I am now fully immersed in the process of automating production. It's actually very interesting because I'm learning about new equipment without which automation is impossible. For example, I needed to buy an Analog Interface Module and I spent a long time searching and choosing different models. By the way, I bought the Analog Interface Module in the iqelectro store, which sells equipment for factory automation. The module was perfect because it has a lot of settings and features that allow you to adapt it to different needs.

    1
    • Nick Nuttall

      4 w

      Congratulations to @ericsson . You have been excellent partners with We Don't Have Time and seeing this great performance towards and beyond your climate targets shows our faith in you to do what you pledged and your faith in us to bring a new style of impactful climate communications, has been more than justified!

      2
      • mary Mwihaki

        4 w

        Ericsson taking steps towards addressing climate change and strengthen their climate target.

        2
        • Varsa Mahananda

          4 w

          It is quite heartening to see a company so keen to work towards climate change.

          2
          • Chris Ndungu

            7 w

            Nice to see Ericson be on the fore front in addressing climate change. Indeed, We Can Do It.

            4
            • Ericsson

              8 w

              We at Ericsson are amazed by the positive response on the We Don´t Have Time Platform for our SBTi-approved targets. We have worked on our climate action program for a long time, making progress with our two first science-based targets and now our second set of targets are approved. However, setting targets is the easy part, it’s the transformation and actions that lead to emission reductions that are crucial if we are going to limit global warming to 1.5C. The outcome for Ericsson, will truly will show how well we have been able to integrate our climate action approach into our business. First stop in 2030, by halving our value chain emissions and then towards Net Zero by 2040. Cause Net Zero is not a destination, it is a way of working. How 5G & connectivity can support climate action - Ericsson: https://www.ericsson.com/en/about-us/sustainability-and-corporate-responsibility/environment/climate-action

              17
              • Marine Stephan

                8 w

                @Ericsson Thanks a lot for answering! And you are right, actions matter more than pledges, so I am looking forward to seeing the work you do

                11
                • Ingmar Rentzhog

                  8 w

                  @Ericsson You deserve a lot of climate love for taking the lead in the IT industry!

                  4
                  • Rotich Kim

                    8 w

                    @Ericsson This is great news

                    7
                  • Tabitha Kimani

                    10 w

                    Ericson setting the pace. Surely we will do it.

                    4
                    • George Kariuki

                      11 w

                      Ericsson's commitment serves as an inspiration for other companies to reassess and strengthen their climate targets, fostering a collective effort towards a net-zero future.

                      7
                      • walter lungayi

                        11 w

                        Great to see Ericsson taking steps towards addressing climate change with approved climate targets! #ClimateAction

                        6
                        • Gorffly mokua

                          11 w

                          Their commitment to reduce absolute scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions is a significant step towards reducing its carbon footprint, & the fact that they have already surpassed their initial targets is an excellent example of corporate leadership in sustainability.

                          7
                          • Jane Wangui

                            11 w

                            @gorffly_mokua They will make a big difference in making the environment better

                            5
                          • Rukia Ahmed Abdi

                            11 w

                            Ericsson's commitment to reduce absolute scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions by 90% from 2020 levels by 2040, with the remaining 10% neutralized through approved carbon removal, showcases a commendable dedication to climate action. The approval of these new targets by the Science Based Targets initiative reflects Ericsson's alignment with ambitious emission reduction goals. It's encouraging to witness companies like Ericsson taking concrete steps and living up to their climate promises in the pursuit of a net-zero future

                            6
                            • Grace Njeri

                              11 w

                              Very promising commitments.

                              6
                              • Elizabeth Gathigia

                                11 w

                                Great commitments

                                8
                                • Joseph Githinji

                                  11 w

                                  Positive step forward, what a way to enhance sustainability.

                                  7
                                  • johnte ndeto

                                    11 w

                                    This is quite encouraging

                                    14
                                    • Gorffly mokua

                                      11 w

                                      @johnte_ndeto Absolutely! ✔

                                      5
                                    • Grace Njeri

                                      11 w

                                      Super great!

                                      9
                                      • Gorffly mokua

                                        11 w

                                        @grace_njeri_804 True! This is the news we want to hear.💚

                                        5
                                      • Princess

                                        11 w

                                        Great job!

                                        13
                                      • Ingmar Rentzhog

                                        11 w

                                        I am not surprised. Ericsson is an industry leader for climate action!

                                        7
                                        Welcome, let's solve the climate crisis together
                                        Post youtube preview with preloading
                                        youtube overlay

                                        Write or agree to climate reviews to make businesses and world leaders act. It’s easy and it works.

                                        Write a climate review

                                        Voice your opinion on how businesses and organizations impact the climate.
                                        0 trees planted

                                        One tree is planted for every climate review written to an organization that is Open for Climate Dialogue™.

                                        Download the app

                                        We plant a tree for every new user.

                                        AppleAndroid